Friday, February 13, 2015

Easy Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

Happy Frugal Friday, Ya'll!

Today I'm going to share with you my recipe for Easy Homemade Dishwasher Detergent.

I started to use homemade detergent as a money saving measure but I quickly found that it cleaned my dishes sooo much better than the store bought stuff.

I won't be going back to the store bought stuff, even if I can get it for free. I'm that happy with the way my homemade detergent works.





To  make your own dishwasher detergent you will need:

1/2 cup borax

1/2 cup washing soda

1/4 cup citric acid (Walmart carries this in the canning section)

1/4 cup salt (I use sea salt)


Mix all of these together. I do this in a ziploc bag because it will clump and harden if given the chance. Just knead the bag frequently for the first 48 hours. I then will store it in my glass jar. It is still usable if clumped up. It is just harder to get out of the jar.

To use, put about a tablespoon of detergent in your dishwasher. I also use vinegar as a rinse agent. It seems to work just as well without the vinegar on those occasions when I've forgotten to add it.


I hope you give this a try. Let me know how it works for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment