Monday, February 23, 2015

Homemaker Monday February 23,2015




Lunch time....what is on the plate::::


I had a steak and cheese hot pocket for lunch today. Not the healthiest option but they are so yummy!

Looking around the house::::

I see the usual mess plus some extra. Another busy weekend, this time selling cookies for Girl Scouts.


On today's to do list::::


Laundry.... Two loads of towels, plus two loads of clothes need done today.


Cleaning.....

Office area and kitchen at the very least. But boy, I'm feeling unmotivated today..


Gardening... We had a hard freeze Thursday night/ Friday morning. I forgot to cover the potato and garlic plants out behind the cabana and I think they are too damaged to save. I'm going to leave them in the ground though and hope they decide to come back. Last week I also planted a pineapple top as well as 2 different black berry plants. This week I will be putting in several bulbs in the front yard as well as 2 rose bushes that have been waiting to get into the ground.



Crafting..... I am feeling really unmotivated. Maybe as the week wears on, I'll gather some steam.



Cooking.... There are some over-ripe bananas on the kitchen counter just crying to be made into banana bread. Other than that, I'm not sure what will be cooked or baked around here.


Currently reading::::
I finished the first book in the 4 book compilation Lancaster Brides by Wanda Brunstetter










On the TV today::::

I really didn't watch much tv today. Just an old episode of Emergency! Told ya I was unmotivated.


The weather outside is::::
  

Really nice today. The high is 81 low is 55. Just the way I like it. Wish it would stay this way all year. A little rain now and then is good too.



On the menu this week::::

Monday
Spaghetti

Tuesday

Wednesday

Breaded chicken and macaroni and cheese.

Thursday
Vegetable Soup


Friday
Pork Loin Roast and Parmesan Noodles



Saturday


Hamburgers and French Fries


Sunday

Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes



If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::

Get out the sewing machine and check it over. It hasn't been used in a while. 



New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::

Nothing new planned this week.

One of my simple pleasures::::
Looking through all of the great pictures on Pinterest. You can see some of my favorites here.

Favorite photo from the camera::::



Jacob and Megan were hamming it up for the camera when we visited TOM VARN PARK in Brooksville recently.



Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
Haven't been visiting many blogs lately. I hope to spend some time visiting this week.
Quote of the week::::

A day without laughter is a day wasted. -- Charlie Chaplin




Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment