Monday, October 27, 2014

Homemaker Monday -- October 27, 2014



Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::

This morning was Half-Caff Coffee and toast with Cinnamon Butter. I thought a switch to butter from margarine was past due. Oh the cost, though..
Looking around the house::::
Way too much cleaning needs done just like every Monday. I guess that's the pay off for having fun on the weekend. I need to find the dining room table tonight or tomorrow.

On today's to do list::::

Laundry.... I won't be doing my usual 6 loads today. I think I'll get in 3 or 4 loads. My kitchen is demanding too much time today.

Cleaning..... Lots of cleaning, especially my kitchen. It is amazing how much mess the boys can make when left to their own devices for a day.

Homeschooling..... NOT GOING WELL... Grrr! Portfolio is due to the school district by Friday and it is NOT ready.

Crocheting..... Still no time...

Cooking.... Today is homemade chicken fingers, broccoli cheese noodles and green beans.

Currently reading::::

Haven't read anything all week. :( Still working on Mennonite in a Little Black Dress and quite a few downloaded Homesteading books on the Kindle.

On the TV today::::

I'm not sure if I'll turn on the tv today. I have tons to do and I am worn out..

The weather outside is::::
  
Beautiful! 

Woke up to temps in the 50's and now this afternoon it is in the mid 80's with low humidity. I love this time of year! No need for A/C or heat. Just cold enough to have to snuggle at night. We may have to shut the back bedroom sliding door soon but not yet. 

That's Fall in Florida for you. 
On the menu this week::::

Monday
Homemade Breaded Chicken Fingers, Broccoli Cheese Noodles, and Green Beans

Tuesday

Spaghetti and Meatballs
Wednesday

Taco Bake

Thursday
Meatball Stew in the Crockpot

Friday
Roasted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli with Cheese, Corn

Saturday

???
Sunday
???

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Work on some of my unfinished projects

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
The meatball stew recipe is new. 

One of my simple pleasures::::

Sipping a cup of flavored coffee and reading through MaryJane's Farm

Favorite photo from the camera::::

We went to Sweetfields Farm in Masaryktown FL on Sunday and had a great time. This is a picture of the girls on the hay ride.

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
Haven't really visited any blogs this week. I have been busy. I finally got my fall garden in and things are growing!

Praying for::::

Guidance for direction. I need to learn to "let go and let God" Being a control freak sucks sometimes..

Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::

Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute photo :)

    You're menu sounded really good, I know it's the end of the day so I'm sure you've enjoyed all those yummy things by now :)

    Sorry I'm so late coming around. Hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete