Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday Oct 6,2014





Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::

Lately I've been eating a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. I think it goes great with my half-caff coffee.
Looking around the house::::
Lots of cleaning needs done. Mondays are bad as far as cleanliness goes. I guess that's what happens in a household of 9 people.

Right now Thor is chasing an empty water bottle around the livingroom. He's being quite entertaining.


On today's to do list::::
Laundry.... I try to do at least 4 loads of laundry every day. Most days I miss that mark. Mondays I make it mandatory though. It's the only way to make a dent in Mt. Washmore.

Cleaning..... Kitchen is high on the priority list today. I have at least 2 dishwasher loads to do.

Homeschooling..... Jacob is my only homeschooler this year. He is supposed to be working on PACE units. I need to get cracking on him to catch up.

Crocheting..... I plan on learning to crochet one of these days. I have hooks and yarn just waiting...

Cooking.... Not much out of the ordinary cooking today. Just dinner. Spaghetti and Meatballs, yum!



Currently reading::::


I have tons of books on my Kindle that I got free. I just need to find the time to read them. Most are either Amish fiction or some type of homesteading information.


On the TV today::::

I really don't know what I'll watch on tv today other than the news. Husband and kids usually dominate the tv in the evenings.


The weather outside is::::
  
So nice. Fall is finally making a brief appearance here in Florida. It got down into the 40's last night and only the low 80's during the day. The big thing is low humidity,yay! No sweating buckets today.


On the menu this week::::


Monday
Spaghetti and Meatballs


Tuesday
Roasted chicken in the crockpot

Wednesday

Italian Sausage and Rice with Peas


Thursday

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and fresh bread


Friday

Pizza and Wings


Saturday

Something with Ground Beef but I haven't decided yet


Sunday

Don't know




If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::

Oh my, I have so many projects that I want to work on that I don't even know where to begin!




New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::

The Italian Sausage will be a new recipe for me. I love looking for new recipes to try, but the rest of my family are such picky eaters. I like to have alternatives for them when I make something new.


One of my simple pleasures::::


I love thrifting. You never know what you'll find. Thrifting also helps us live more simply. 


Favorite photo from the camera::::



Couldn't decide on one so I put both of the girls' pictures up. This is from our last trip over to the beach which is 10 minutes away.


Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
I have been checking out quite a lot of blogs lately. As a blogger myself, I tend to visit many other blogs daily. Right now I'm really liking http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/ 


Praying for::::

My relationship with my husband is not doing as well as I'd like. I've been praying for guidance in this area. 


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::


Nothing that comes to mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment