Friday, October 17, 2014

Easy Homemade Degreaser Spray

Welcome to another Frugal Friday!


Today We're making Homemade Degreaser Spray.



If you made last week's laundry detergent then you should have all of the ingredients in your house.



You will need:

1 teaspoon of Washing Soda

4 teaspoons of Borax

1 teaspoon of dish soap (I use Dawn)

4 cups HOT water

add the first 3 to your bottle and then pour in the hot water. Hot water will help the powders to dissolve. Shake well.


I use this on all of the surfaces in my kitchen and the even the rest of the house for that matter.  I love the way it cleans. Just remember to shake it again before you use it because it may separate a little between uses.

If you prefer, you can follow up with the glass cleaner ( vinegar and water spray) on the kitchen food prep surfaces but I really don't.

I haven't done a cost breakdown for using these homemade products vs. the store bought stuff but I do know that I save a lot of money this way. More importantly, I like the peace of mind in knowing exactly what I'm exposing my kids to.

Next week I'll show you my recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent.

No comments:

Post a Comment